Recuva an entire folder?

Vidian

Hello!

I was panicking today after I realized I deleted a folder with my most important files in it.
I installed a couple of programs to try and recover my data and Recuva seemed to be the only thing that could find anything (I found my most important text document with all my passwords on it) THANK YOU RECUVA :D   !!!

I still have gigs of sound samples missing and many other text files... everything was in a folder I geniusly named "Data" and put on my desktop, which got moved or overwritten when I extracted a rar to the desktop and I deleted it after I thought I didn't need it anymore...

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's possible to recover all the files in that folder and subfolders, or do I have to know the name of each individual file to scan for them and pull them from the abyss?

Any help on this is appreciated! 

Vid

• Moderators

Some from the list might show folder location, but I've found, more often than not, many of my files having come from what recuva shows as 'c/ ?'

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Run a normal scan then, in Advanced Mode, either enter all or part of the folder name in the Filename or Path box, or click on the Path column header to sort by folder name.

If your folder record in the MFT has been overwritten then the folder name will be, as Nergal says, a ?. Some suibfolders might be found, but otherwise it's back to selecting the individual files.