unexpected error

everytime i try to run a registry check, on 1.28.277, as well as the old one it completes 91% of the check and then says there was an unexpected error. then, it will just sit there until i force it to shut down. once i force shutdown it tells me there is an unexpected problem with DrWatsons PostMortem Debugger. Is this part of the crap cleaner program? i never (intentionally) downloaded this debugger. what can i do to get ccleaner to work properly? I know i have registry problems but i just don't know how to fix it. RegScrub works, but i don't think it is fixing everything.

HELP!!!!

octavio113

DrWatson is the debugger built into Windows, which is being triggered because of an unexpected severe error (probably in your registry).

I'd be very careful with registry cleaning programs at this point, because Windows won't always crash out the program that gracefully. Some severe registry problems will end in a blue screen of death (typically, PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA). At any rate, there is something not right going on.

I'd start out by doing:

Start > Run > chkdsk C: /R

A black console window will open, and chkdsk will tell you that it can't check the volume because it's in use by another process, and will ask you if you wish to schedule it for the next system restart. Type a Y, and hit enter. chkdsk /R can take up to 2 hours to complete.

Then go into event viewer:

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

Right-click Application, and choose Clear all events.

Do the same thing to System.

Then run CCleaner again and get it to crash again and shut it down the same way you have been doing it.

After DrWatson and CCleaner are gone, go back to eventvwr.msc again. Right-click on Application, and choose Save Log File As.... In "Save as type", choose CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) and save it to your desktop. Do the same for the System log. Go to http://upload2.net/multiple_upl.php and upload both files, and post the download links it gives you so I can take a look.

:)

edit: upload2 sucks; I can't ever download anything from it. Don't use it. Find another online file-hosting service.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

okay, i thought the problems were fixed....nothing is that easy though. this is the link to the application event viewer. for some reason everytime i try to save the system file, it appears to save just as the other, but it is not on the desktop when i go to upload the link

http://www.upload2.net/download2/DJevulYsI...entvwr.csv.html

everytime i try to run a registry check, on 1.28.277, as well as the old one it completes 91% of the check and then says there was an unexpected error. then, it will just sit there until i force it to shut down. once i force shutdown it tells me there is an unexpected problem with DrWatsons PostMortem Debugger. Is this part of the crap cleaner program? i never (intentionally) downloaded this debugger. what can i do to get ccleaner to work properly? I know i have registry problems but i just don't know how to fix it. RegScrub works, but i don't think it is fixing everything.

HELP!!!!

octavio113