Help me please!

blues_boy_nick

Hi

Recently, soem friend of mine suggested me to get CCleaner, and I did so.

I ran the program and analyzed my C:, fixed errors and everything. I don't know anything about computers so I did not really checked what was going on.

Now, I try to run programs such as Limewire, which opens but disapears after loading, and Civilization IV, which says I insert the wrong CD while loading.

Could it be related to CCleaner, who could have deleted some important .dll files or something? Is there a away to restore my system?

Thanks

Nicolas

• Moderators

Run chkdsk on your C: drive to check for disk errors:

1. Click Start, Run, type in: chkdsk /f c:

2. Select Yes for chkdsk to launch the next time Windows starts.

3. Then restart Windows immediately!

Strangely enough it could be an error within Windows (such as a memory error, etc) during your current session and the restart "may" cure it.

If after restarting the problems are still present you could use a System Restore point as suggested by Ultimate Predator if your programs still don't work. If that doesn't work you'd have to reinstall those programs.

Note: Reinstalling the programs may actually require you to do a clean install of them versus and overinstall, e.g.; uninstall followed by a reboot and then install. Although with that said I'd try the overinstall first to negate having to reconfigure the programs from scratch.