Registry Cleaner causing Windows 10 Window Store and store apps to not work

I spent days and every possible solution trying to find a reason why Windows 10 windows store stopped working after 2 months. I then had a Microsoft Support Engineer tell me that the crash im having with the store is caused by CCleaner Registry Cleaner deleting necessary files.  I hadn't even told him I had CCleaner.  I always back up the registry and even after restoring the the last 5 or so registry backups I still can't get windows store to work. It would not merge the older backups I tried it said it couldn't.  

• Moderators

Well, with ccleaner's (unobtrusive) registry cleaner (and especially with other, more aggressive cleaners) one should always practice caution. Please read and follow my signature below.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It's a registry cleaner....What files did this "support guy" mention...You say that you restored the registry to before ccleaner ran then it is not ccleaner. Why do yuo want to delete orphaned keys any way?

No fate but what we make

I spent days and every possible solution trying to find a reason why Windows 10 windows store stopped working after 2 months. I then had a Microsoft Support Engineer tell me that the crash im having with the store is caused by CCleaner Registry Cleaner deleting necessary files.  I hadn't even told him I had CCleaner.  I always back up the registry and even after restoring the the last 5 or so registry backups I still can't get windows store to work. It would not merge the older backups I tried it said it couldn't.  

Every time CCleaner runs, Cortana and the Windows app store disappear until I reboot the machine.

I do understand what Nergal says, but a. it isn't advertised like that, and b. which of us is technologically competent to make the decision as to whether to delete something or not?  The whole point of something like CCleaner is that it should be fire and forget.  It sells itself on "Easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds".   The paid for version advertises itself as having "Automatic background cleaning".