CCleaner 5.04 registry false positives on new Adobe Reader DC

Rik007

Hello dear Piriform,

yesterday I did a clean uninstall of the late Adobe Reader XI.0.10 & a clean install of the new Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my Windows 7 x64 desktop.

After the installation of the new program , I ran the registry cleaner function of CCleaner and it found more than 10 positives related to the new Adobe reader.
When you repair these items, and you try to start the Reader DC afterwards , it always begins to re-install.
So it is obvious that CCleaner cleans up the registry too much when it comes to this new Adobe program.

I wish to inform you that ;
1) the new DC-program isn't recognized by CCleaner : it does NOT appear in the list of programs that your registry cleaner controls, maybe that's the reason it cleans up too much
2) the late Reader XI.0.10 was well recognized by your CCleaner, and it never gave any false positives, cq. the re-install-trouble never occurred. (I never had to use the exclude function regarding Adobe Reader)

For now I returned to Adobe Reader XI, because also in the new DC-program itself there was a bug, I reported to Adobe today.

Thanks & hoping you can fix this matter.

Rik (Belgium)

• 3 months later...

Yes, I am seeing the same issue.  BUT, I am running: v5.07.5261 (64bit) and Adobe Reader DC does show in the applications list.

However a scan of the registry, causes 16 items to come up, all related to Reader DC.  And, if I remove them, on the next start of Reader DC it does the reinstall dance.

Very annoying.

bc