Registry Cleaner needs improving

PocketAppZ

There are only two registry cleaners that I trust and use: CCleaner and TrashReg (a.k.a. Registry Trash Keys Finder)

Every time I use the Registry Cleaner in CCleaner, it seems TrashReg always finds entries that CCleaner has missed. Why is this? I think CCleaner should incorporate the same cleaning methods that TrashReg uses because then I feel like CCleaner would "cover all bases".

• Moderators

CCleaner is such a widely used app because it is not aggressive like some other cleaners.

Many 'sell' themselves by claiming to clean more than any other app.

CCleaner prefers to keep to a safe cleaning routine which many (including me) value.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm not asking for it to be too aggressive. I just think that TrashReg is a quality program and if I am using the registry cleaner in CCleaner, then there should be no reason why I should also have to run TrashReg in order to clean the null entries that CCleaner missed.

The main function of RTKF is to allow the removal of unnecessary keys from the Windows Registry. Many programs leave keys in the Registry, even after programs removal using an uninstallation facility provided with the programs themselves.