recycle bin not cleaned ?

kpetnrd

hi !

running ccleaner Shows a lot of data that were erased - but running it again immediately same data in (windows) recycle bin are shown as been erased again - and again and again....but recycle bin is empty at that Moment

the attached screenshot shows the result after running cclaner 3 times - always the same numbers...

this bug exists since a series of Releases

Kurt

post-71258-0-30350500-1417341118_thumb.jpg

hi mta !

as i told before, my recycle bin is not corrupted - its empty after running cclaner

nevertheless ccleaner displays same files to be deleted again and again - see sccreenshot in my last post

so your link does not help because recycle bin is emtpy and there is nothing to delete - even not manually

------------------------

please see  same problem - posted by SMFletcher91 on November 21

• Moderators

I don't actually know what your problem is, all I have to go on is the details given.

Based on that and past posts, I would recommend you follow the steps on the assumption you do have a corrupt recycle bin.

You may be right and it's not corrupt, but doing the process anyway will not make things any worse and may - just may - fix it.

One of the symptoms of a corrupted recycle bin is one piece of software sees it as empty and another sees it as not empty.

If you don't want to do the suggested step - no worries, it is after all your PC.

But until that potential is crossed off the list of possibilities, I don't know what other advice I can offer.

Perhaps others can chime in...

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Please try the recycle bin fix as suggested by mta... it does work for many people such as here...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=41299

and here...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=42293&do=findComment&comment=255974

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

i followed your suggestion and deleted the (empty) recycle bin

running ccleaner after that it shows no files to be deletetd in recycle bin

but after some hours, same 'problem' occured again -- ccleaner shows up non existing files

within the recycle bin

running ccleaner as an Administrator sometimes helps to make the 'problem' disappear

-----------------