Speccy Free vs. Speccy Professional

cmiles8

• Moderators

I believe for speccy it's just that and priority support. New Pro-Only features have begun to appear in the other softwares but I don't recall seeing any for Speccy yet (maybe I'm wrong though)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 months later...

I recently purchased the "Professional Edition" of Speccy and immediately regretted it.  I love Piriform and their software, but I would have much rather just clicked a "donate here" button and contributed the same amount of money as a token of my appreciation for all the years I've used their software.

I was under the impression I would at least see new features or at least something congruent with the advertising phrase "Professional," but after a 30 minute side-by-side comparison I realize they are absolutely the same and I made a purchase that I shouldn't have.  I will not dispute it or argue for a refund as I wanted to donate something to Piriform anyway, but I feel this is a little ... shady in terms of what borders along what many would consider false advertising--granted there is nothing being advertised in the professional edition, it was all cryptic so I interpretted such a vague approach as having more to offer--which it didn't.

I would be far more content if I could 'trade' my purchase from Speccy to CCleaner's professional or business edition, as the differences there are at least useful and tried/true.  Speccy is a great program but this was just a silly thing to do, both on my part and Piriform's for leading a user to believe they will be getting something worth 20 dollars.  Priority support is not something I need or want so sadly the one feature this 'upgrade' has is useless to me.

I hope this helps anyone else thinking of purchasing the professional edition of Speccy so that they may think twice before making the error I did.  Hopefully Piriform comes around and addresses this, as I still respect and support the company.

• 4 years later...