Maxthon Browser

krit86lr

Hey guys. I've been using Maxthon for about 3 weeks, and it keeps giving me trouble on the forum. Rridgely asked me if Java was disabled, but I don't know where to look (don't want to keep bothering hime with PM's). ;)

Have any of you used Maxthon, and if so could you please guide me to where I can disable/enale Java script?

Thank you!

:)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I dont know krit86lr I just installed it and I didnt get any errors with default options. Maybe try setting everything back to default.

I dont think its java either anymore because I disabled it with FF and it still worked. Try a reinstall of maxthon.(use FF anyway though. :P)

I dont know krit86lr I just installed it and I didnt get any errors with default options. Maybe try setting everything back to default.

I dont think its java either anymore because I disabled it with FF and it still worked. Try a reinstall of maxthon.(use FF anyway though. :P)

I just finished reinstalling Maxthon, but only time will tell. The error only happens about every other day so I won't know right away if the re-installation did the trick.

Is FF universally compatible? Also, on Mozillaine.org people are reporting that there are problems with FF 1.5.01. It made me nervous about trying it.

What version of FF do you use?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

The only sites FF dosent work with are ones that use active x(which is getting to be rare). I have had zero problems with FF and I have the latest version.(it even autoupdates now.)

The only time I have IE open is for windows updates. Try ff and if you dont like it then give opera a try as well.(I'm not a fan of opera but some like it.)

The only sites FF dosent work with are ones that use active x(which is getting to be rare). I have had zero problems with FF and I have the latest version.(it even autoupdates now.)

The only time I have IE open is for windows updates. Try ff and if you dont like it then give opera a try as well.(I'm not a fan of opera but some like it.)

I concur, FF is just splendid! Web page incompatibility is basically a thing of the past. And now that I have my IE Tab extension for FF, I don't have to use Internet Explorer at all!

The IE Tab integrates into FF very nicely, you can just right-click and make an IE Tab the same way you would make a FF tab. Very useful.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

How do you avoid activex? I run into it multiple times a day. Does ff give the option to download activex?

I concur, FF is just splendid! Web page incompatibility is basically a thing of the past. And now that I have my IE Tab extension for FF, I don't have to use Internet Explorer at all!

The IE Tab integrates into FF very nicely, you can just right-click and make an IE Tab the same way you would make a FF tab. Very useful.

Interesting. Sounds like it's worth trying out.

Thanks guys! :D

How do you avoid activex? I run into it multiple times a day. Does ff give the option to download activex?

Interesting. Sounds like it's worth trying out.

Thanks guys! :D

The only site I have ever had that wants to install ActiveX onto my computer these days is Microsoft.com. And I haven't tried downloading ActiveX with the IE Tab, so I don't know how that works, or if it works. But everything else in the IE tab is identical to Internet Explorer, so I imagine it would handle ActiveX the same way.

ding, ding!

You realize that IE tab is just opening IE right? So active x will work with it just like it would if you IE open regular.

Very cool. That sounds perfect for me.

Alright now I have FF! Installed the IE Tab too, but can't find it (it's on my desktop). Is there an installation trick?

You realize that IE tab is just opening IE right? So active x will work with it just like it would if you IE open regular.

Yeah, I know, but I hadn't tested it out yet, so I wasn't sure if it handled installing ActiveX differently. Evidently it does not.

In answer to krit86lr's question, IE Tab is like any other FF extension; it integrates itself right into FF. To check and see if you have it installed, open FF, click Tools, and select Extensions. It should be listed.

You can make a button to make a new IE tab by going to View, Toolbars, and the Customize... Drag the IE Tab button to wherever you want it. Customizing FF is that simple.

ding, ding!

Yeah, I know, but I hadn't tested it out yet, so I wasn't sure if it handled installing ActiveX differently. Evidently it does not.

In answer to krit86lr's question, IE Tab is like any other FF extension; it integrates itself right into FF. To check and see if you have it installed, open FF, click Tools, and select Extensions. It should be listed.

You can make a button to make a new IE tab by going to View, Toolbars, and the Customize... Drag the IE Tab button to wherever you want it. Customizing FF is that simple.

It isn't there so I definately did something wrong. :(

It isn't there so I definately did something wrong. :(

Okay, try this link. Once the page loads, click the Install Now link, and wait a second; an installer will come up.

ding, ding!

Okay, try this link. Once the page loads, click the Install Now link, and wait a second; an installer will come up.

Viola! Thanks it worked. :)

Viola! Thanks it worked. :)

No problem. And there are hundreds of other great extensions ripe for the downloading! I personally use:

BugMeNot 1.3

Nuke Anything Enhanced 0.53

Google Safe Browsing 1.1

PDF Download 0.6

IE Tab 1.0.7

ding, ding!

No problem. And there are hundreds of other great extensions ripe for the downloading! I personally use:

BugMeNot 1.3

Nuke Anything Enhanced 0.53

Google Safe Browsing 1.1

PDF Download 0.6

IE Tab 1.0.7

I did open a page, and a message was displayed saying that I needed a plug-in extension to view everything on the page.

When I get that message is there a way to find out what extension is needed?

PS Today I had to allow ActiveX 3 times

B)

I did open a page, and a message was displayed saying that I needed a plug-in extension to view everything on the page.

When I get that message is there a way to find out what extension is needed?

PS Today I had to allow ActiveX 3 times

B)

When you need a plugin installed, all you have to do is click the green puzzle piece, and an installer should begin. Usually, FF will find and the plugins automatically, but sometimes it isn't able to determine what is needed, in which case you need to find them manually.

ding, ding!