Backup

Franky

Restoring a backup!!!!

When I click on merge will I be able to pick a restore date.

I ran into a big problem,I unchecked old prefetch data and ran Ccleaner.

When I restarted my computer I received a message Windows/system 32/sys conf/system missing or corrupt.

I was able to use windows recovery to get the computer started again but it is not operating all my programs correctly.

I thought if I could run the Ccleaner backup it would help.

Any Advise or suggestions ??

Regards,

Franky

Restoring a backup!!!!

When I click on merge will I be able to pick a restore date.

I ran into a big problem,I unchecked old prefetch data and ran Ccleaner.

When I restarted my computer I received a message Windows/system 32/sys conf/system missing or corrupt.

I was able to use windows recovery to get the computer started again but it is not operating all my programs correctly.

I thought if I could run the Ccleaner backup it would help.

Any Advise or suggestions ??

Regards,

Franky

Well, first of all, if you unchecked something CCleaner didn't remove it. Also CCleaner doesn't remove anything in System 32.

As for restoring backup registry you can restore any backup that you saved. Just pick the one that you want to restore (remember that if you don't have admin permissions to login as admin).

My guess is that running CCleaner without a check mark on old prefetch data didn't cause the program. If you go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer this will give the error code to your problem which could help pinpoint the solution.

Good Luck,

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

My guess is that running CCleaner without a check mark on old prefetch data didn't cause the program.

Yeah, that definitely is not the problem. In fact, logically, the less boxes you check in CCleaner, the less likely you are to run into problems, since less checked boxes means less areas cleaned by CCleaner. But even if you had checked this box, it wouldn't have hurt anything.

CCleaner only deletes old useless files from the Prefetch folder (C:\ Windows\ Prefetch), and these files are not necessary for your computer to run. If you manually went into that folder and deleted every single entry in it, Windows would still run just fine (although certain programs might load slightly slower).

The files in Prefetch are simply for applications' performance only; their existence or lack there of has absolutely no detrimental effects on Windows whatsoever.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!