Detection of Pale Moon web browser for cleaning

KNTRO

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. This is my very first post, I'm a CCleaner old user though.

I'd like to make a question and then a suggestion.

Current CCleaner version is v4.04.4197 (25 Jul 2013) and one of the new items on its release notes says: Added Comodo IceDragon cleaning. I've already installed Comodo IceDragon on my PC. Should I see an IceDragon menu under CCleaner's Programs tab, just like Firefox? Because I can't see it. Or Comodo IceDragon is detected despite it's not displayed under Programs tab?

My suggestion is to display CID separately from Firefox, so anyone is —if desired— capable of deleting some stuffs in Firefox and some other stuffs in IceDragon.

Finally, I don't know if you know there's another very used Firefox's fork for Windows. It's Pale Moon and it'd be a great idea to let CCleaner detect it and clean it independently from Firefox and IceDragon as well.

Thank you very much.

Best,

• Moderators

They'll be listed as Firefox since they're Firefox forks/clones, the same would go for other browsers which are Chrome/Chromium clones they'd be listed under Google Chrome. You do however make a good point of separating them.

Edited by Andavari
fixed typos

• 1 month later...

• v2.36.1233 (27 Sep 2010)
    - Added FTP Account cleaning.
    - Added support for Paint Shop Pro X3, VLC Media Player, MediaMonkey, Winamp, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Avast! Antivirus and WinPatrol.
    - Improved support for Quicktime Player, Ad-Aware and AntiVir Desktop.
    - Added support for Firefox based browser Pale Moon.
    - Improved support for expanding environment variables %ProgramFiles% and "%CommonProgramFiles%" to both 32-bit and 64-bit folders.
    - Added new environment variables: %ProgramFiles32%, %ProgramFiles64%, "%CommonProgramFiles32%", "%CommonProgramFiles64%".
    - Splitter bar is no longer misbehaving when cleaning is in progress.
    - Improved navigation using keyboard.
    - Fixed bug in Startup Tool on Windows 2000.
    - Minor tweaks and fixes.

pale moon is (and has been since 2010) included under firefox just like Comodo Icedragon