Kinds of Files CCleaner cleans in the Applications, Internet, Multimedia, Utilities, and Windows sections

Amtech

I’ve been using CCleaner for many years and have appreciated the benefits of having the utility installed. It is an indispensible one to have., a mainstay in helping me maintain my systems in optimal shape.

I’m not sure if this might be the appropriate place for my inquiry but I had some questions I was hoping to find answers to and thought I’d post.

Can more specific information be provided about the kinds or types of things (i.e., files, elements, programs or parts of programs) cleaned by CCleaner in the program’s Application Tab, especially in the Applications, Internet, Multimedia, Utilities, and Windows sections.

The information provided in the ‘Applications Tab’ Section under the CCleaner Rules page of the website (link below) doesn’t really go into specifics or offer detailed information in the ‘Other applications and utilities’ section about Applications, Internet, Multimedia, Utilities, and Windows areas the way it does, for example, on the ‘Browser’ Section right above it where it explains CCleaner’s actions on some important components (i.e., Saved Form Information, Compact Databases, etc…).

I’m curious/concerned about the elements of MS Office, Adobe apps that, if selected, are being/would be cleaned by the utility, exactly, and which files, if any. The same goes for Antivirus and spyware utilities or Windows programs like WordPad. I feel as though I’m somewhat in ‘the dark’ about which components are being cleaned as not many details are provided for these programs.

Applications tab link: http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/applications-tab

Thank you for any comments....

If you Analyze then you are shown what will be removed should you run cleaner.

If you right click on the results you will be shown specific files and paths that will be removed.

You can then find out the consequences of removal,

Piriform servers are probably too small to keep all that information,

but Google can tell you more than you want to know :)

Great. Thank you for your input. I hadn't thought about right clicking the analysis results. It makes sense, of course, though doing so isn't refered to in any of the Help options I'd investigated.

I might have found out by 'playing around' with the program a bit longer.

Knowing the specific files and paths should be enough for my needs and I can research the more complicated ones.

• Moderators

also running cmd line switch export allows one to see all ccleaner inbuilt rules.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com