Whilst using defraggler computer is hanging.

ggggranville

Hi

First time poster. I have an acer 5755G intel dual core processer and windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Was using defraggler this evening and 20% of hdd had been defragged. Accidentally I paused the defrag. Immediately everything failed to respond and some fours later the computer is still hanging. I noticed also that the computers clock stopped at same time. What can I do?. I am afraid to turn off the PC in case I do irreparable damage. I cannot access task manager. Grateful if someone can assist. Thanks

• Moderators

Hi granville, and welcome to the forum.

There isn't a lot you can do except turn off your PC.

Defraggler is configured with Windows to handle defragging in such a way that computer crashes or other unavoidable circumstances like power cuts will not cause any harm in themselves.

Why Defraggler is safe to use:

Why it crashed like that is something to look into after you're running again, and there may be some clue in the "Event Viewer".

Come back and let us know how you get on.

Hope that helps.

:)

Hi DenisD

Tried it this afternoon and thankfully all was well.im grateful that you instilled the confidence in myself to sort it as I had visions of destroying my HDD. At this time I cannot find any reason as to why my computer behaved in the way that it did. I could not find the 'review' in defraggler. Many thanks anyway.

• Moderators

I think Dennis may have been talking about the Windows Event Viewer which can often give clues as to what happened.

Have a read here about it

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/226084-event-viewer-open-use-windows-7-a.html

Glad to hear all seems well now and I'm sure Dennis will be too :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com