What does Defraggler do when it detects an SSD drive?

chynn

I have not found any information in the Piriform Help files about Defraggler and SSD drives; hence, this topic.

I should like to know what Defraggler options are available for SSD drives and how I activate them.

Does Defraggler support the SSD "trim" command?

You should know that I am using Raxco's PerfectDisk product now but I find it to be somewhat bulky and clumsy to use. However, PerfectDisk does detect SSD drives and it does use the "trim" command whenever it does find an SSD drive.

And last, what happens when I replace the Windows Defragger with the Piriform Defraggler?

I would prefer to use just one disk defragging product on my system(s) ... yes, I build my own PCs ... but based on the information I have right now, it appears that the Piriform Defraggler product does not have the "horse power" to handle modern disc drives. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong either ... ask any of my ex-wives ... :)

Thanks for reading this ...

However, PerfectDisk does detect SSD drives and it does use the "trim" command whenever it does find an SSD drive.

Are you sure that it issues a Trim command ?

Are you sure that it is safe to do so whilst frantically reading/writing fragments ?

I used this search phrase and got 736 results

Trim Raxco PerfectDisk

One result had many derogatory comments about the claims :-

http://www.wegotserv...e-optimisation/

Another result on a Raxco site only stated

"High free space fragmentation is a strong indicator that a high instance of un-TRIM'ed, or partially full blocks exists."

http://www.raxco.com...timization.aspx

Nowhere does that state any use of the Trim command by PerfectDisk,

Nowhere does it indicate whether this applies to Windows 7 onwards, or whether it is only of relevance to XP.

I would be interested in a link showing that PerfectDisk actually claims to issue the Trim command whilst it is defragging.