Select All

dstone

How about an option to Select All, so that we can toggle everything on or off, it could be in the Settings so it's not mistakenly clicked and it could also bypass the confirmations.

I always select everything, except "Wipe Free Space", so it would be very useful to be able to select or unselect everything with one click, instead of just at the top of each group.

I believe I once long ago suggested similar as a feature, but the consensus then seemed to be that they felt it would be dangerous because even if I am an advanced user, others would end up checking all & wondering why something broke.

Would be nice though...

But less savy users might create problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Like I wrote above I always select everything except "Wipe Free Space", I never use it, and I've run CCleaner thousands of times on dozens of PC's.

The only time I had a problem was when I mistakenly ran CCleaner while Photoshop was open, CCleaner deleted the temp files and the file that wes open in Photoshop became corrupted and had to be reloaded.

Ever since then I always make sure all apps are closed before running CCleaner.

Other than that I never had any problems when selecting and cleaning everything in CCleaner.

I still think a Select All toggle option would be useful.

Thanks Winapp2.ini, I knew that we could Check All for each group, but after seeing your post I tried right clicking on the "Windows" and "Applications" tabs at the very top and there is an option to Check everything.

I never thought to try this, and it makes selecting everything much easier.

Thanks. :)