Windows 8 Recovery

rridgely

• Moderators

I thought I would bring up what may be one of the coolest features of Windows 8. There is an option to do a complete reinstall of windows without using a disc. All you have to do is go into the menus and click a button. It even asks you if you want to overwrite your data in case you are going to sell the PC. Very nice.

I have two hard drives in this pc(one SSD and one regular) and asked me if I wanted to save the data on the non windows drive.

This may be one of my favorite features of windows 8. I'm interested to see what OEMs do with it. It would be really cool if they couldn't muck with it and you could get a completely clean install of windows on a store bought pc.

Just to clarify this is a complete reinstall of windows not a system restore point. I tried it and from what I can tell it completely wipes the drive and does a clean install.

• Moderators

It does sound a great feature.

I didn't look too closely at that feature when I was running Win 8, does it still give you the option to make a repair disc?

I'm thinking of the scenario of when your pc has become unbootable, perhaps due to malware etc, and you want to do the complete reinstall of Windows that you mention above.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...