Temp Internet files not deleted?

JWD49

Just got CC. Analyzed, did a straight default clean, then analyzed again.

There were 50 or so temporary internet/IE5 files still listed.

Above them it says "Details of files to be deleted (note: no files have been deleted yet)"

So I reboot. Same message, same files. Cleaned again. Same. Cold shutdown. Still there.

My Content IE5 folder under Documents and Settings is empty, as is my cache as accessed from IE.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--JWD

Looks like this (only more files) Note the "0 bytes" at the end....?)

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\13090[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\13726[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\236[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\2939[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\8951[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\interrupt[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5F4BRYTF\join[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8BPZUQBH\614[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FYT6D8FV\14[1]. 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FYT6D8FV\151[1]. 0 bytes

• Moderators

What version of Windows are you using?

You an also try to clean out those remnants using the built-in cleaner that Internet Explorer has:

1. 1. Right click the Internet Explorer icon on the Desktop and select properties.
    (Or start Internet Explorer click Tools > Internet Options.)
    2. Click Delete Files.

What version of Windows are you using?

You an also try to clean out those remnants using the built-in cleaner that Internet Explorer has:

1. 1. Right click the Internet Explorer icon on the Desktop and select properties.

(Or start Internet Explorer click Tools > Internet Options.)

2. Click Delete Files.

Right, sorry. It is XP home SP1.

I always delete from IE, and choose "delete all off line content"

I also run Window Washer.

After both of these and a reboot, CC still shows the files (but the IE5 folder shows empty, as accessed from Explorer. Also the Settings > View files in IE tools shows empty except for the one cookie I keep).

I got cc because WW and IE don't always delete my history. My Systemworks 2002 cleaner always did, but I had to uninstall all of SW to get NAV 2006 installed, and I have misplaced the SW disk for now.

Anyway, I haven't actually tested CC sticky History entries, but this listing of files that I can't find elsewhere seems strange.

Thanks very much. --JWD