Version 1.43.0.623 or 1.43.623?

Julianon

The current downloaded Recuva installation file, from both Piriform and FileHippo, is called version 1.43.623 on their websites (although the installation file itself is labelled Version 1.0.0.0).

When Recuva is installed from the FileHippo download, however, the version number of recuva.exe in C:\Program Files\Recuva is 1.43.0.623.

The situation is unchaged when I uninstall Recuva, delete the directory C:\Progrram Files\Recuva, and then reinstall Recuva from the Piriform download.

FileHippo is still complaining that Recuva needs updating --- it says that Version 1.43.0.623 is installed, and that I should update to Version 1.43.623.

Clearly there is confusion about the number of the current version, and FileHippo is misreporting the need for an update. I have emailed FileHippo, but they do not reply to emails, and the situation with their website is uinchanged after two days. Because re-installation using the download from Piriform involves exactly the same confusion, it seems to be Piriform's responsibility to resolve the problem.

• Moderators

Thank you for the report. The developers and admin staff read all threads, so hopefully they'll look into this

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Updating:

FileHippo is now reporting that my installed version of Recuva is 1.43.623, which it describes as the "newest version", and is no longer asking me to update. So the situation is resolved.as far as I am concerned.

Interestingly, Recuva's..installed exe file, at the usual location C:\Program Files\Recuva\recuva.exe, remains Version 1.43.0.623. I wonder why Piriform is numbering its versions like this, with 1.43.0.623 on the installed .exe file, 1.43.623 as the advertised version on its website (and on FileHippo), and 1.0.0.0 on its downloaded installation file? It does all seems designed to cause confusion.