Saw Noel Gallagher!

rridgely

• Moderators

I was lucky enough to get to attend the Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds concert this past Friday night!

post-1352-0-10873100-1333866003_thumb.jpg

I had awesome seats!

Was a pretty great show. He played a lot of Oasis songs and then pretty much his whole solo album. Favorite song of the night was definitely Little by Little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AJIOYWDwwwo

I've never been in such a small venue as where I saw this show. My ears are still ringing!

I cant say this was the best concert I've seen this year though.... Saw Springsteen a few weeks ago and he was FANTASTIC! He played for about 3 and 1/2 hours and his new CD sounded amazing live. Best concert I've ever been to bar none! (Well.. Saw McCartney a few years ago... tough call.)

• Moderators

Where's the heads up on the Springsteen concert? :)

His latest album is possibly the best he's ever done IMO, and to hear those tracks live must have been awesome.

Noel Gallagher doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, but The Boss is something else.

Hi All,

To rr, I love your hate computers credo, so do I and your avatar is wonderful. To Dennis, glad you're a Boss fan, I didn't know that. Me too. Super, love your avatar. Looks like my "varmits" wanting treats. To all that celebrate Easter, hope you have a good one. To those who don't, have a good day. Elvis has left the building. :-)

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

• Moderators

Where's the heads up on the Springsteen concert? :)

His latest album is possibly the best he's ever done IMO, and to hear those tracks live must have been awesome.

Noel Gallagher doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, but The Boss is something else.

Wrecking Ball is an amazing album. Its the first thats come out in a few years that I can let play start fo finish without skipping any songs.

Here is the set list from the Springsteen concert:

1. We Take Care of Our Own

2. Wrecking Ball

3. Badlands

4. Death to My Hometown

5. My City of Ruins

6. The E Street Shuffle

7. Jack of All Trades

8. Seeds

9. EASY MONEY

10. Waitin’ on a Sunny Day

11. The Promised Land

12. The Way You Do the Things You Do

13. 634-5789

14. Shackled and Drawn

15. LONESOME DAY

16. The Rising

17. We Are Alive

18. Thunder Road

19. Rocky Ground

20. Land of Hope and Dreams

21. BORN TO RUN

22. DANCING IN THE DARK

23. AMERICAN LAND

24. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Whole concert was amazing. I was surprised how well the new stuff fit in with the old.

I saw him about a day after St. Patricks Day, it was pretty fun that a lot of Wrecking Ball has an Irish feel to it.

:lol:

Probably my favorite new song:

• Moderators

I wish I could have been there, and you're spot on with the Irish influence, and that's one of my favourite tracks as well.

I'm also with you about the whole album, and it went to my Walkman complete with all tracks, and I've ran it so many times I pretty well know the lyric to each track now.

Thanks for the run down. :)

• Moderators

Hi All,

To Dennis, glad you're a Boss fan, I didn't know that. Me too. Super, love your avatar. Looks like my "varmits" wanting treats. To all that celebrate Easter, hope you have a good one. To those who don't, have a good day. Elvis has left the building. :-)

Hi Warlock.

I missed seeing him live at one of the first "football stadium" concerts over here in the 80's at St.James Park Newcastle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/multimedia/history-and-nostalgia/images/2011/11/21/bruce-springsteen-plays-st-james-park-in-1984-72703-29814884/

When you think there's nearly 30 years between that gig and the one rridgely saw.

Hope you had a good Easter too by the way.

:)

Hi Squire,

Thanks, you too. Just laid low and polished off a couple of the Mrs. special ham sandwiches and a deviled egg. Probably have an encore performance today. Take care.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hey rr,

Almost forgot, thanks for the song. First music to come out of these speakers in a long time. Except for the Windows jingle which I'm sick of. :-)

Thanks, War!

P.S. Did you know? (U probably did!) that you can turn off the default Windows sound in the control panel & set a no sounds scheme up? Or even record your own voice, or use AOL or Yahoo notify for Windows events? Etc.?

:)