CCleaner making incomplete analysis of temp files?

decibelle

Why, when CCleaner analyzes my Windows system temp files, does it not include all the temp files that I see when I actually go to the folder? The only files it is showing in the analysis are Google Earth files, and there are tons more than that.

Thanks,

Ellen

• Moderators

options>only delete temp files older than

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

No, that's not it. There's stuff older than that that it doesn't show.

Anyway, I ran the clean function, but, as I said my Windows temp files folder is still full of stuff. So why isn't it showing in the CCleaner analysis?Thanks,Ellen

• Moderators

What is the location of these files? are they currently in use?

Remember ccleaner is looking at Accessed date so even if they were created a long time ago if they are ever accessed by any program (including explorer) the time limit that option (the 24 hours) is reset. With your statement "No that's not it" .I still don't have any clue as to whether that option is or is not checked off, this makes it hard for me (or anyone else willing to help) to provide aid to you. Remeber you are our Eyes and Hands and if we are going to figure out what's going on we're going to need good and detailed information from you.

Examples of details we have not gotten from you:

1. Operating System version and Service pack level (don't say latest, this provides no information)
  2. Ccleaner Version (again, don't say latest, this provides no information)
  3. The "non-cleaned" locations and files
  4. Does your Users account have privilages to delete the locations.and files (for Vista and Windows7 are you running with properly elevated privilages: UAC)
  5. Has Ccleaner always done this? is this new to a certain version? are you new to ccleaner?
  6. Settings (programs and system tabs) you have checked or changed in the cleaning section of ccleaner.
  7. What Malware/Security Protection Program (and version) are you using and is it protecting the drive from "un-authorized" cleaning?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com