Dowloaded Temp Files Cleaner On A Suggestion Query Mark!

wop2

I was a bit suspicious of downloading this free programme, Temp Files Cleaner, and I did check out reviews on different sites.

When I started it I began to clean “C” Drive, and ended up cleaning out 4,000 temp files, but I did notice amongst the deletion were many late MS KB’s update numbers.

I then used the Ccleaner and it removed some more that TFC didn’t, then I did Trend scan and all was well and it cleaned out three cookies.

I then went back to Ccleaner to check registry, and I found a number of conflictions, and many were:

Uninstaller reference issue c:\window\$nt uninstaller KB981852.spuninst.exe…etc., etc. I checked the many KB numbers and it was notice that they were updates from mid-2011.

Is this function normal, and I didn’t “fix selected issues”

Can you please advise me urgently?

Regards

I posted earlier and I meant to download an attachment with my posting to show the entries. I then went to edit my OP and attach these attachment but there was no facility, or that is I couldn't find a facility to attach the attachments in the edit mode. Sorry for the confusion.

There were 144 uninstall reference issues, and I attached the first 42 as their are 14 entries to each part.

Thank you for advice whether this safe to do or has the TFC has done some insiduous action?

post-40897-0-45640800-1330722997_thumb.jpg

post-40897-0-52005500-1330723023_thumb.jpg

post-40897-0-05037100-1330723050_thumb.jpg

1) Next time you do a screenshot, make sure CCleaner window is active & hit ALT + PRTSCR. It will capture only the active window & save space.

2) Looks like uninstaller references for the KBUpdates. Safe to remove. Just let CCleaner do a backup when it offers, so you can restore if a problem occurs.

Peace!

• Moderators

you have XP yes?

it is available to remove those entries in xp (as well as a check box for removing the installers as the other pr8duct did) it's usually safe (on XP) to delete those installers after a timespan (my usual is two weeks)

The proper removal (& the way ccleaner handles it) to remove the installers is two fold. First the files (as the other product did); & second the reg entries you mention.

when using the registry section is always best to follow the advice is my signature

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

1) Next time you do a screenshot, make sure CCleaner window is active & hit ALT + PRTSCR. It will capture only the active window & save space.

2) Looks like uninstaller references for the KBUpdates. Safe to remove. Just let CCleaner do a backup when it offers, so you can restore if a problem occurs.

Peace!

Hi SF,

Thanks, I'll try that next time!

G'day Nergal,

There must be 450 entries that need to be Fixed, and they are all uninstall of KB updates. If i do a back up, am I able to save it to my external "G" Drive, and if do so then to fix the problem if one exists, how do you retrieve your backup. I assume that to do a back up you make a new "restore point"?

Thanks for your info.

Regards

• Moderators

no the backup is a .reg file with the entries you removed, (a relatively small plain text file) which can then be merged back into the registry as if you'd not removed them at all. however...as the previous cleaner removed the actual windows update installers, those registry entries that you have there are useless

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com