Can't uninstall Connectify through CCleaner

I use Windows 7 x64, CCleaner version 3.13.1600. When I try to uninstall the program Connectify through CCleaner, Connectify reports that there is a compatibility issue and the uninstaller can't run. Running the uninstaller file manually works as expected, so this is a problem with CCleaner.

Sorry about not having any exact quotes or screenshots of the error... I didn't think to do so until after I uninstalled. I'm assuming this should be easy to replicate though, but if not, I can re-install it.

Thanks for giving us a great program.

• Moderators

I don't mean the extension .MSI I was referring to an MSI ("Microsoft/Windows Installer Package") and most use an .EXE file to uninstall software to my knowledge. And yes the .MSI setup file can be packed into a self-extracting .EXE setup file - that's how most are delivered nowadays.

Although lets not worry about the extensions .MSI or .EXE they really don't matter in this bug report since both are executable. The main issue is Windows Installer which deals with all Microsoft/Windows Installer Packages itself will complain if you try to uninstall such a package when using CCleaner and some other 3rd party cleaning tools, I've seen it countless times. Whenever I run into such an uninstaller I just uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs.

I don't mean the extension .MSI I was referring to an MSI ("Microsoft/Windows Installer Package") and most use an .EXE file to uninstall software to my knowledge. And yes the .MSI setup file can be packed into a self-extracting .EXE setup file - that's how most are delivered nowadays.

Although lets not worry about the extensions .MSI or .EXE they really don't matter in this bug report since both are executable. The main issue is Windows Installer which deals with all Microsoft/Windows Installer Packages itself will complain if you try to uninstall such a package when using CCleaner and some other 3rd party cleaning tools, I've seen it countless times. Whenever I run into such an uninstaller I just uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. What is the reason this happens, and is it something that can be fixed?