Other Accounts?

lilygotsilly

You shouldnt need to install it on each profile but you will have to log in to each one to run it.(it dosent clean all profiles at once.)

24137[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. I logged into the other profile and I couldnt find the program. That's why I thought I needed to install it seperately in both profiles. I'll check it again.

• Moderators

To easy way to allow all users to easily have access to CCleaner is:

* Right click the CCleaner shortcut on the Desktop for your user profile and select Cut.

* Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop then right click and select Paste. CCleaner will now be available to all user profiles on your system.

CCleaner can also be launched for different user profiles this way:

* Click Start->Run->Type in (including the quotes):

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe"

You'll of course have to configure CCleaner for each user profile as all settings are stored separately in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. To successfully use the Issues scanner a user profile will need to have Administrator priveleges turned on.

To easy way to allow all users to easily have access to CCleaner is:

* Right click the CCleaner shortcut on the Desktop for your user profile and select Cut.

* Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop then right click and select Paste. CCleaner will now be available to all user profiles on your system.

CCleaner can also be launched for different user profiles this way:

* Click Start->Run->Type in (including the quotes):

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe"

You'll of course have to configure CCleaner for each user profile as all settings are stored separately in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. To successfully use the Issues scanner a user profile will need to have Administrator priveleges turned on.

24178[/snapback]

How do you give it access to clean the registry on limited accounts in XP? CCleaner works fine when cleaning apps and cookies, but when I run the regcleaner, it scans, I select fix, and it acts like its "fixing" but it isn't. If I reselect scan for issues, everything is still there.

Or...is there a way I can scan on my admin account and have it scan all user registry enties?

Thanks in advance.