Cleaning PC Tools Firewall Plus log files.

John B

CCleaner v3.12.1572

I've just changed from the Zone Alarm free firewall to the free firewall from PC Tools.

CCleaner would offer to clean Zone Alarm log files by ticking the appropriate box in the UI. I can't find a similar facility for the PC Tools firewall.

Any ideas on how to clean PC Tools would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Moderators

In the past before PC Tools Firewall was advanced as it is today messing with the logs could cause issues. So it's really one of those things if it makes it into a winapp2.ini cleaner it really should be thoroughly tested by some people before posting on this forum!

Do you know the paths/folders for the log files? Could be added to Winapp2.ini-file for starters.

I've checked the obvious locations (C:\windows\program files\PC Tools and C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Application Data) but didn't see anything which looked like a log file. Sorry can't be of more help.

So it's really one of those things if it makes it into a winapp2.ini cleaner it really should be thoroughly tested by some people before posting on this forum!

Sorry I must be having an off day. I understood that the idea of this forum WAS to identify bugs. Assumed procedure: identify bug, find solution, test it.

In the past before PC Tools Firewall was advanced as it is today messing with the logs could cause issues. So it's really one of those things if it makes it into a winapp2.ini cleaner it really should be thoroughly tested by some people before posting on this forum!

True.

I've checked the obvious locations (C:\windows\program files\PC Tools and C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Application Data) but didn't see anything which looked like a log file. Sorry can't be of more help.

Sorry, not enough info (for me).

Sorry I must be having an off day. I understood that the idea of this forum WAS to identify bugs. Assumed procedure: identify bug, find solution, test it.

Edit. It's not a bug, but a new entry request?

CCleaner Suggestions

Edited by nodles

True.

Sorry, not enough info (for me).

Edit. It's not a bug, but a new entry request?

CCleaner Suggestions

Sorry for all this but I'm really just a typical unskilled user who can't tell what is a bug (something which should have been there but isn't) or a new request.

I'd be a grateful if a Mod could move this thread to the Suggestions sub-forum. Thank you both for your interest.