Create log file with cleaning summary

Camori

Take the results of the "files to be deleted" and provide a switch that would allow them to be written to a txt file. Provide a summary field as well that include total number of files and total to be removed.

"CCleaner.exe /Auto /L = results.txt"

Maybe a switch for summary vs. detail.

It would be great to be able to run this from a command line in an Audit mode only (no cleaning).

Many thanks for the product and all your efforts! I will make another donation to the cause if you can do this!

• Moderators

This has been suggested before, and in the limited case of /AUTO I think it's a pretty good suggestion

(note there is currently no command line for analyize only)

The developers read and consider all viable suggestions, though they rarely make comment.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...

I have been a long time user of ccleaner. I just installed it on a new windows 7 machine and after reading http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-how-tos/scheduling-ccleaner I set it up with the /auto switch.

The thing is I have absolutely no idea what ccleaner has done when it cleaned. It being the first run on this windows 7 machine I have had for months I would have liked to know :(

Having a log is a very basic feature, have you considered adding it sense?

The log would have to include registry keys, either cleared or deleted, it would need to list files, sizes, dates, time run.

When I say registry stuff, I'm talking about sections like MRU, environment path, tray notification cache, things like that. Options that do not show anything (which they should) when you "right-click analyze" them from the 2 main columns.

post-25750-0-99003900-1355162404_thumb.png

• 1 year later...