Defraggler moves files from blank disk space squares

Super Fast

After moving 60 GB data from my 80 GB sata drive, I noted that Defraggler appeared to move files from blank boxes.

This is puzzling, as boxes that contain data should not be colored white for blank, should they?

Although these may have been trace files, if a block contains files, it should be colored light blue, should it not?

This is not something that affected the entire drive, but there were sections of the disk that, upon moving files, appeared "blank" to Defraggler, but minutes later, Defraggler moves other files from the blank box area, as evidenced by the yellow "Files being read" indicators that appeared on the blank white blocks.

I tried running CCleaner wipe free space to clear MFT on my XP SP3 machine, then I tried defrag on reboot option, as well as exclude Hibernate & system restore point areas. Still, Defraggler moved files from blank blocks from time to time while it was running. How can this be so? Blank blocks should not contain files, should they?

* Not sure if this is a bug, or a feature, or if Defraggler "hides" blocks containing trace files? Not sure which section to post under, since I don't know if it is a bug or a feature...

XP SP3 + Win 7

Defraggler moved files from blank blocks from time to time while it was running. How can this be so? Blank blocks should not contain files, should they?

XP SP3 + Win 7

fyi, I now checked a few of mine, 2 had fragments.

a. has a 9kb and a 2kb fragment

b. has a 12kb fragment

blks.png Vista SP2 32-bit

Yes, that is what I mean!

I meant, you can see the files are there both by the info box & the way Defraggler shows yellow reading from the blocks, but they are white instead of light blue.

Why is that? I thought a block is only white if it has 0 files, right?