Defraggler Explorer right-click interface needs new choice

TechHarmony

HI,

I am using Defraggler v2.7.0.346. [Windows XP Pro SP3, 2 GB RAM, 2 int HD: 160G + 60G. Various ext HD.]

I find that using the Explorer right-click to analyze and defragment a folder is not designed well.

If I right click a folder, I can choose to Check Fragmentation, or to Defragment.

If I choose Check Fragmentation, when it finishes and tells me the files fragmented, I no longer have a way to tell it to actually defragment. Only choice is to 'Close' or 'Open Defraggler'.

If I open Defraggler, I must go through the entire drive to analyze and choose what to do next.

But what I really want is to defragment the folder I just checked.

To do that, I must "Close" the information window. Now go back to folder in Explorer, and right-click the folder again and this time choose 'Defragment'.

This is NOT a good way to do it.

There should be a THIRD BUTTON choice to DEFRAGMENT this NOW.

(obviously, not in all caps... ;) )

sample of the resulting Check Fragmentation (analyze) right-click choice attached (with my text notes, now redundant). The folder I am testing in this example is on the primary C HD, if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

It really is a nice and useful program for the most part.

post-15726-0-27669100-1317442135_thumb.png

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

I think a better option is to just change Open Defraggler to Defragment.

Launching the full version only makes sense when you want to defrag a whole drive.

And if someone is checking a file or folder, that's not enough to warrant opening the whole interface for a few files.

I would like it much better if it were changed from Open Defraggler to Defragment, because the only 2 options most people ever will want to see right after checking the file fragmentation on right click, is Defragment & Close.

I think your idea is fantastic, just I think the Open Defraggler should be changed to Defragment instead of adding a 3rd button.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking back in on my topics.

I would be fine with the suggestion of 'Super Fast' to have the two buttons on the Context Check Fragmentation operation be:

"Defragment" and "Close".

That would accomplish what I originally suggest.

______

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)