CCleaner and folder optimization

blasting jesus

Hello there,

can you tell me if there is a setting that affects file optimization settings (i mean when you choose to optimize a folder for music, pictures, videos) in ccleaner?

I am running windows 7 with the latest ccleaner, also using the latest winapp2.ini

Each time i run ccleaner and reboot any optimization is lost unfortunately.

Please explain better, what do you mean by optimization?

Are you referring to preferred folder settings such as showing music folders with thumbnails to see album art, or detailed view, etc?

right click a folder -> properties -> customize tab -> option to optimize the folder for general items, music, pictures ,documents, video.

R U running as Admin when you make the changes?

WAIT!....what does right clicking on FOLDER/PROPERTIES..... have to do with CCLEANER? What am I missing?

Yes i am running as administrator all the time.

I don't know but i guess it is similar to ccleaner deleting window size or something.

Anyway does ccleaner delete those settings or not? (i definitely believe so cause without running ccleaner every optimization remains untouched) If yes please tell which option i should untick. Remember that i am using the latest winapp2.

• Moderators

Have you got the "Window Size/Location Cache" box checked in the "CCleaner\Windows\Advanced" section?

Window Size/Location Cache - When you open and close Windows Explorer, Windows records folder settings for window position, sort order, columns, folder type, toolbar toggles, and search result views.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/windows-tab/advanced-windows-files

The bold highlighted entry seems to match what you're asking.

• Moderators

To confirm things, you could always disable winapp2.ini (rename it winapp2.ini_old for example or move it somewhere else temporarily), and see if the problem disappears. But you may already have tried that.

Or try unchecking all items in "CCleaner\Applications\Windows". I only have a half dozen items there, so it's easy for me to do, but I don't know how many you may have.

A process of elimination may be the only way to find the culprit.

I'll try checking out my folder types, and come back to you if I come up with anything else.

To confirm things, you could always disable winapp2.ini (rename it winapp2.ini_old for example or move it somewhere else temporarily), and see if the problem disappears. But you may already have tried that.

Or try unchecking all items in "CCleaner\Applications\Windows". I only have a half dozen items there, so it's easy for me to do, but I don't know how many you may have.

A process of elimination may be the only way to find the culprit.

I'll try checking out my folder types, and come back to you if I come up with anything else.

You are the man, it's windows 7 shellbags in winapp2.ini, unticking it made the job.