Some interface improvements

1. Status bar like "Moving file c:\folder\file.ext (??? of ???? Kb done)"

2. Option to remove vertical white lines separating blocks/bars in Drive Map

3. "1 block = ??? Kb" in Drive Map Legend (must update when Drive Map or window resizes)

Human can stare for hours and hours at only 3 things:

- How river flows

- How fire burns

- How disk defrags

4) Add "Partially fragmented" color to Drive Map (for blocks containing both fragmented and not fragmented files)

Human can stare for hours and hours at only 3 things:

- How river flows

- How fire burns

- How disk defrags

• 5 weeks later...

4) Add "Partially fragmented" color to Drive Map (for blocks containing both fragmented and not fragmented files)

+ 1

If they did this, it would probably require a little changing.

Currently, Defraggler shows low occupancy cells of both frag & non fragmented files.

I personally find this a bit backwards, because it adds 2 new colors that users must identify.

I do agree that they would benefit well with a new color for identifying blocks with mixed fragmentation (blocks containing both frag & non fragmented), but in doing so, I would have to say that I think it would be vastly confusing to keep adding color, after color, after color, & turning Defraggler into a crayon box.

I personally don't see why they cannot do away with the low occupancy states, since a block is either fragmented, or not fragmented. Doesn't really matter that it is low occupancy. They still can only be fragmented or non fragmented. I would have to say that I would love the addition that you described.

Do away with low occupancy states, then add the partially fragmented block style, & I think we have a winner!

Else, if not, they will just have a user request "Oh, what about the low occupancy partial fragmented, & the full occupancy fragmented blocks? We need low occupancy mixed too!)

This does nothing, in my opinion, but turn Defraggler into more confusion.

1. Status bar like "Moving file c:\folder\file.ext (??? of ???? Kb done)"

2. Option to remove vertical white lines separating blocks/bars in Drive Map

3. "1 block = ??? Kb" in Drive Map Legend (must update when Drive Map or window resizes)

Some of the content you requested may be a good idea, but hard to break it down so others can understand, so let me see if I get this correct:

1. A progress bar for each individual file that shows % done on the bar? I like that! Great for multi-gigabyte files!

2. Settings/Drive map of Defraggler doesn't do what you need it to? Not small or big enough, perhaps?

3. If they added a size counter for each block, it would slow defraggler down a LOT, as analyze would have to calculate for each block. Do you really want a 2 hour analyze? Because some drives are many terrabytes!

Some of the content you requested may be a good idea, but hard to break it down so others can understand, so let me see if I get this correct:

1. A progress bar for each individual file that shows % done on the bar? I like that! Great for multi-gigabyte files!

2. Settings/Drive map of Defraggler doesn't do what you need it to? Not small or big enough, perhaps?

3. If they added a size counter for each block, it would slow defraggler down a LOT, as analyze would have to calculate for each block. Do you really want a 2 hour analyze? Because some drives are many terrabytes!

#2 is basically requesting that the drive map look like the one from MyDefrag:

ScreenHunt_2424887_274913.jpg

Unfortunately MyDefrag display is UGLY AS HELL. :lol:

+ 1 for that.

I think so too!

But the real kicker is, that the My Defrag display does nothing to simplify things.

The My Defrag display has units that are huge, then units that are very, very small.

This would do nothing to "simplify" things for the average user, & +, it does look ugly!