CCleaner is NOT auto-starting; Cookies not wiped (for IE9 ?)

thoste

I have 64bit Win7 and newest CCleaner with enabled option "runCCleaner at windows start".

The auto-start IS successfully entered in startup Registry lists (verified e.g. by CCLeaner itself).

However when I boot/restart Win7 and look immediately afterwards into Options->Cookies then the left side

"COokies to delete" contains tons of (undeletd) cookies.

Why are they not wiped?

Maybe it is because I am using Internet Explorer 9

Is CCleaner IE9 compatbile?

Is there really not CCleaner logging possible where I can look for possible errors of even if CCleaner is really

executed at startup at all?

Thomas

It should be easier for you to determine than for us to guess.

Just launch CCleaner manually and then clean.

Then close CCleaner and relaunch (to ensure a refresh just in case) and Analyse.

If Cookies to Delete have been deleted your problem was probably because the start-up launch failed.

If Cookies to Delete are still present the problem is elsewhere, possible incompatible with your installation of I.E.9.

It should be easier for you to determine than for us to guess.

Just launch CCleaner manually and then clean.

Then close CCleaner and relaunch (to ensure a refresh just in case) and Analyse.

If Cookies to Delete have been deleted your problem was probably because the start-up launch failed.

If Cookies to Delete are still present the problem is elsewhere, possible incompatible with your installation of I.E.9.

Ok, as you suggested I performed a manual run.

Cookies were wiped now.

But this does not necessarily mean that the problem is outside of CCleaner.

Maybe CCleaner

- is called at startup but could not run because of missing DLLs (e.g. .NET ?) at that time or

- could start but not find at this time the cookies because of missing PATH env variable values or

- could find them but could not delete them because of locks on cookie files or

- .....other reasons.

So the question is still: How to find out the real reason?

How to find out if CCleaner is called? Is there really not log?

Thomas

.NET Framework is an evil that is not needed by CCleaner.

If you do not have .NET and if CCleaner needed .NET, how do you think it has just cleaned your cookies ? ! !

CCleaner has the intrinsic capability of being auto-started, so it is some problem external to CCleaner.

How is CCleaner Auto-Started ?

Some things get started immediately after logging into your account, and some after a delay.

Perhaps you can change how it is launched.

A very easy way to determine if CCleaner auto-starts is :-

manually create a specific file in a specific folder;

Stipulate to CCleaner the removal of that file in the options > include;

Run CCleaner and check that the file has been deleted from the folder;

Recreate that file then shut down and reboot and then see if the file has been deleted.

• Moderators

Run CCLeaner at startup does not work properly in Win7/Vista. This is due to the required UAC. To get around this search the forum on how to set up a scheduled task for ccleaner which will allow it to bypass UAC

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This was touched on in another topic area. I do recall now when I had this problem and UAC was on, it still would not run at startup even though the task scheduler was configured that way. I had to create a shortcut to the task and place that shortcut into the startup folder.

25qd6wl.jpg

Run CCLeaner at startup does not work properly in Win7/Vista. This is due to the required UAC. To get around this search the forum on how to set up a scheduled task for ccleaner which will allow it to bypass UAC

Hmm, I did not disable UAC completely but lower the security slider to the lowest possible mode.

Are there any problems with this situation as well?

Having manually to create a scheduled task and a shortcut and a link is far from being user friendly.

Couldn't this all be automatically created by CCleaner if Win7 is detected?