Can Recuva Delete the files that he found Deltet FOR EVER ?

ugur3D

Its just simple quastion : Can Recuva Delete the files that he found Deltet FOR EVER ?

If after commanding to overwrite, it reports the file was overwritten, yes.

You may be able to recover the file, but it will be filled with just meaningless data.

Try recovering an overwritten file and see what you get. :)

Recuva can only "secure overwrite" deleted files that have no overwritten clusters not files that are semi-recoverable.

Please define semi-recoverable. Do you consider partially overwritten files in a poor state as semi-recoverable?

semi-recoverable = slightly damaged i.e. some clusters overwritten by other files.

I just now managed to securely overwrite 6 partially overwritten files that were in a poor state. They ranged in size from 51KB to 29775KB.

But I guess there's no way for me to test this because I cannot determine beforehand if a file is slightly damaged. :)

I've tried "secure overwrite" with Recuva v1.39.509 and sure enough it works on poor quality recoverable files.

I must confess I haven't use the "secure overwrite" very often but I do seem to recall having problem with this in the past.

It would be nice if Recuva could secure overwrite as well as destroy the name of files but I use another program for that. :)

Richard S.

I've tried "secure overwrite" with Recuva v1.39.509 and sure enough it works on poor quality recoverable files.

I must confess I haven't use the "secure overwrite" very often but I do seem to recall having problem with this in the past.

It would be nice if Recuva could secure overwrite as well as destroy the name of files but I use another program for that. :)

Richard S.

Could you name the program and describe the process of using it in connection with Recuva (if that is

the way it is done)?