CCleaner reporting HUGE internet cache

PSSL_89

Hey guys,

For the last few years that I've been using CCleaner, my Firefox/Chrome cache was always a few MBs large (maybe about up to 30MB after a few days). However, recently I've noticed that CCleaner has been reporting my the cache size for Firefox would be 30 MB after a couple hours of browsing stuff online. One day when I checked it, my cache size was over 100MB.

I know that this may not be a problem with CCleaner, but more a problem with my system, but I was wondering if perhaps anyone would be able to shed any help on the matter. It's quite disturbing and it definitely contributes to my internet usage meter (In Canada :( )

A huge thanks to you all for any help you can offer. ^_^

I'd reccomend Ad Block Pro and the element hiding helper, this way you don't have to download ad's and such (usually bulky flash files that take longer to download than the rest of the page)

You might also want to update your HOSTS file so you don't have to worry about downloading as many cookies from trackers (it's a small amount .. probably only 10's of KB.. but hey, its something) :)

I'm not sure about No Script, but it may be worth checking out too.

@ Winapp

I do have Ad Block Plus enabled as an extension for both Firebox and Chrome. I've had them both for a while. But thanks for replying anyway :)

@ Cookie

Usually when I'm online I do lots of stuff...watch videos on Facebook/YouTube and brose websites like IGN, Facebook, GMAIL, and what not. Regular stuff that I've been doing all this time without noticing such a HUGE jump in my cache size. Lately I've been doing the very minimum with my browsers to see if I get the same results. You know, I only check my mail, some very plain low spec heavy websites, and after about an hour or two, my cache size when I scan it with CCleaner is like 20MB. :huh: