Sad Dad trying to save memories

Sad DaD

Hello there I managed to save one file very important

but the other six that I am trying to recover is giving me a hard time

or is a system problem.

I can select the files soon after I hit recover it comes the second screen

that says calculating and remaining time. but doesnt have any progress

Please help, I deleted some wonderful of my first child learning to walk.

I cant sleep thinking about it.

Help please.

• Moderators

Don't do anything on your pc, or at least on the drive your pics are on. If they're on the system (c:) drive then use somebody else's pc to post here etc. It's best if you leave your pc booted up permanently (util the pics are recovered). Disconnect the intenet connection.

Assuming that the pics are on the c drive and that Recuva is installed on the c drive then run Recuva in normal scan. Switch to Advanced mode if you're using the wizard. Clear anything out of the Filename or Path box. Right click somewhere on the display panel and select View Mode/List View. Now search for your pics by name (you can sort the file list by clicking on the Filename header).

If you recover anything then recover to a flash drive, never to the same drive as the pics are on.

For those pics that are stalling, have a look at Info in the right hand side. Is the size correct, do they have sufficient allocated clusters? Are any of these clusters overwritten?

If no luck you might have to do a deep scan (Options/Actions). This will take some time and return thousands of hits. Again search by name to find - or not - the pics. If not found then you can select Pictures in the Filename/Path box, as deep scan will append the correct extension to files it finds. Right click and select Thumbnails View. Page through what you have in the hope of finding a copy of your pics. If found recover to the flash drive.

This is for pics. It's the same, or similar, for videos but due to the size of videos it is more likely that part of the file will have been overwritten.

Nip down to Poundland and buy a pack of CDR or DVD-R's. Backup what you have saved, or what you value. Then do it again in case the CD/DVD fails.

I have a vista system, The files are located in the internal hard drive of a JVC camera

everio. Is located or called drive H: Folder name:> I can see the files there and select them

but remain calculating when I am trying to recover to my computer as destination.

I will try again with all the program closed and internet off.

This is really fustrating! I got pictures some pictures, when it comes to videos I found 7 of the one I need but

only allowed me to recover 2, this camera has a built in hard drive wich I have no issue to navigate with a computer.

so is very easy to look at the files just like a SD card.

Also I tried the memory card that I have and (Nada)was found.

I had downloaded this program 3 times hoping that will work but nothing.

Got OS Vista 64. trying to recover videos from Both SD card...

Wait waitttttttt.. i got a call guys. my wife just found a second memory that have some pictures at least

from that trip... The reason I was worried is because it was my daughter first trip to Florida and she was just had

her first walking steps there. cant wait to go home and make several copies of that..

thanks for the help.

I learned a lesson of secure copies always.