When Cleaning Down Why Is This So?

wop2

I have the latest version of CCleaner (V2.36.1233) on two computers, one using Vista and the other using XP.

The Vista computer I hardly use, but when cleaning down of unwanted stuff, it always cleans out usually between 10 to MB.

The XP computer I use all the time, and lately since the last three updates of CCleaner, when I clean down, it removes only 1MB or less, when before it use to removed stacks of MB.

There appears to be something wrong, and could there be something on my computer that is stopping the cleaner from removing some stuff. It's strange because three updates back it use remove stack of rubbish. So why now, only a small amount, when I am surfing the Internet all the time on this computer. Could someone have put a hidden programme on my computer?

• Moderators
I have the latest version of CCleaner (V2.36.1233)

Latest Stable is Version 3.00.1310 (released today, your version is two versions old though)

On to the issue at hand

Are you closing your browser before cleaning (and making sure it is not remaining open; to do this open task manager, go to the Processes tab and look for any instances of the browser) What browser are you using?

what settings to you have checked off in ccleaner?

How often are you cleaning?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com