Question on Registry Cleaner & backup

TRinAz

Just installed CCleaner...have read the help files...FAQ...and docs but have a question...?...if I clean out some reported orphaned entries using CCleaner Registry tool...and save the backup as suggested...what do I do if after a restart I have issues resulting from the Registry "cleaning" ?

Is it as simple as running regedit/file/import ?

And what is the procedure if after re-boot following a CCleaner Registry oepration...Windows 7 Pro 64 bit will not load/start ? Is there a way to replace the backed up Registry 'outside' of Windows

Thanks...Tim

...what do I do if after a restart I have issues resulting from the Registry "cleaning" ?

Your backup will look something like cc_20101236_5647. Right click the file and click Merge.

I suggest you limit your fixes to only a few items each time, wait a few days and repeat.

And what is the procedure if after re-boot following a CCleaner Registry oepration...Windows 7 Pro 64 bit will not load/start ? Is there a way to replace the backed up Registry 'outside' of Windows

I'm not aware of a boot failure following CC's relatively safe reg cleaning, so I am not prepared to respond to that possibility.