Defrag Filled HDD

tacarr

When doing a defrag overnight, using v1.21.209, the HDD filled up completely and was then I was informed there was not enough free space.

The file at C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\crashdata\crashdat.stk (part of OOO 3.2)finished up at 220Gb!!!.

Please advise.

Any chance that this is an Open Office issue (some crash during the defrag process) rather than Defraggler's itself?

I have also posted in the Open Office forum just in case this is so. I have had no problems with OO up to now. It just seemed to arise with Defraggler. I will attempt a defrag with a different programme tonight and will post result tomorrow.

I have also posted in the Open Office forum just in case this is so. I have had no problems with OO up to now. It just seemed to arise with Defraggler. I will attempt a defrag with a different programme tonight and will post result tomorrow.

Tried a defrag using the BitDefender Total Security 2011 Defragment tool with same result so seems to be an OO problem. I will post again in OO Forum. Thanks for your feedback Hulk.

• 2 weeks later...