Speccy v1.06

MrG

• Admin

sp_64.pngThe Speccy v1.06 release is available now and includes some great enhancements as well as resolutions to some known bugs and issues.Changes include:

• Major rewrite of Hard Disk interface detection.
  • Improved Network section (DHCP status, IP address, NetBIOS status).
  • Improved Graphics Card detection.
  • Fixed bug that could cause some Sound Cards to be ignored.
  • Minor tweaks and improvements.

You can download Speccy v1.06 now at www.piriform.com/speccy

P.S. Worried that you might miss an update for Piriform software?

• Every time you run Defraggler, CCleaner, or Recuva, click the Check for updates... link at the bottom corner of the main window.
  • Subscribe to the RSS feed
  • Follow us on Twitter
  • Become our friend on Facebook
  • Subscribe to our newsletter

View the full blog post

The Speccy v1.06 release is available now and includes some great enhancements as well as resolutions to some known bugs

It would be a real enhancement if Speccy was capable of displaying my RAM summary correctly. :blink:

I have 1.25GB of RAM (1080MB) not 1.3GB which is a coding error due to fact that Speccy uses 1 decimal point rounding instead of 2.

If I was to calculate 1.3GB back into MB this would be 1.3 * 1024 = 1331.2, (1331.2 - 1080) = 251.2MB more RAM I don't actually have.

I have reported this mistake from the begging of Speccy Beta but since neither Mr G or the other coders have acknowledged the problem should I try emailing instead??

Richard S.

• Moderators

All these numbers....

1080 mb is not 1.25 gb, no matter how you look at it. One gb is 1,073,741,824 bytes, so you could say that 1080 mb is 1 gb (with some crude rounding up). Also the difference between 1.25 and 1.3 gb is 0.05 gb, which is 53,687,091 bytes, or 51 mb, not 251.

However, if Speccy is saying that you have 1.3 mb of memory then it appears that something is incorrect. What's the total capacity and individual capacity of your memory cards in the expanded view?

All this has been calculated using the full mb/gb values - except the crude rounding up. I can't find anything that says what values Speccy uses, but I would expect it to use the proper figures for RAM instead of 1,000,000 and 1,000,000,000. It does add up my two 512 mb cards to 1024 mb, 1.0 gb.

P.S. I've just found out that we should be using the terms Mebibyte and Gibibyte. Nuts to that.