User Temp folder not completely cleared

Jump

Hello,

When working with Symantec, we always suggested deleting the users Temp folder. It is easiest found by entering %temp% from the Run command line located at the "Start" menu.

I can see that it is deleting some of the files but after multiple CCleaner runs, I still find a lot of undeleted files and folders.

Also - I was unsuccessful in being able to Browse to this location using the Options>Include>Add (Custom files to delete and folders to empty), on my VISTA Home op system. (User\AppData\Local\Temp)

So the question is, should CCleaner be cleaning out all these files and folders left here at this location?

Wonder if they have someone reading these problems/suggestions

• Moderators

The developers read all the threads. (lol Kroozer ninja'd me)

CCleaner should be deleting all folders and files in the %temp% folder. It does for me, except if a folder/file is in use and thus locked in the OS.

Download a program called Unlocker and see what program is locking the files left behind)

Include/Exclude can only take absolute paths (no enviromental variables allowed) it is hoped by this community that future ccleaners no longer are hobbled in this way.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com