Upgrade failure

JohnPh

Finally managed to find the time to (1) reinstall Recuva v1.38, (2) reboot XP into Safe mode and (3) try Recuva - it works OK in Safe mode, i.e. its window stays visible.

Hope this helps narrow down the options, and by the way the whole process took a lot longer than 2 minutes !! Rebooted back to normal Windows and the problem returns.

• Moderators

Hi John

Perhaps now that you have shown Recuva runs in safe mode OK it then perhaps points to the fact that it may be something you are running on your machine that prevents Recuva from working in realtime.

As you say you are an IT tech, you will know the score here if you want to troubleshoot this futher. Re-enabling your running apps one at a time in realtime.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks Hazel, but life (mine at least) is just too short for a longwinded process of elimination for this particular problem. And we still don't know why the problem only occurs for Recuva versions later than v1.26 ... I may have another look at it when time permits; meanwhile I shall just carry on using v1.26. Not the first time I have found it best just to back-rev an app or a driver and move on.