ccleaner launches opera and internet explorer when cheaking update

raed

I am having an complete opposite problem but similar to what is going on with everyone else.

When I open the ccleaner page, and select the update icon, instead of a web-URL to open a MS-Word document opens up.

I am running Win 7 ultimate 32 bit, MS-Office 2007 Professional

I have several computers in my home network with similar configurations and only one is experiencing the issue.

I have checked the registry of two similar machines, and nothing is different.

I thought it was due to the fact that I am running IE-9 beta, but the other machine is identical in IE-9 beta as well.

I have checked the MS-Word options on both machines and the settings are identical

Its not a real problem, just rather anyoying...

I am having an complete opposite problem but similar to what is going on with everyone else.

When I open the ccleaner page, and select the update icon, instead of a web-URL to open a MS-Word document opens up.

I am running Win 7 ultimate 32 bit, MS-Office 2007 Professional

I have several computers in my home network with similar configurations and only one is experiencing the issue.

I have checked the registry of two similar machines, and nothing is different.

I thought it was due to the fact that I am running IE-9 beta, but the other machine is identical in IE-9 beta as well.

I have checked the MS-Word options on both machines and the settings are identical

Its not a real problem, just rather anyoying...

Have a look maybe at what html files are associated with. Save a webpage - Right click properties - see what open with is set as

No fate but what we make

Have a look maybe at what html files are associated with. Save a webpage - Right click properties - see what open with is set as

I feel like such a moron..lol

I went to internet options and looked at file associations and changed the html file editing to note pad and it opned in nopte pad rather than word, but then noticed that IE-9 was not set as my default browser, once I set it as the default, the problem has stopped and now when I click the update link the file opens up in internet explorer....

I should know, that the majority of the time, the simpilest solution is the right choice, I never would of thought that by just making internet explorer my default, which I *(assumed)* lol it already was...

Thanks for your help in pointing me in the right direction.