CClean disk space Error help.

Kool_D

Hello.

Today I downloaded and installed the most recent CClean and ran it on "Gutman (35 pases)" and left it running. Coming back hours later it was still at 0% so I canceled it. Prior to this I had around 30GB of free space on my hard disk. Immediately after I canceled, I got a "Dangerously low Disk Space" error. I clicked it to find I now have 35MB of free space. I ran Disk cleanup and CClean again on normal rather than Gutman but I have been unable to resolve the issue. That is a hugs chunk of space to just up and vanish/lose so I would like to fix the problem.

I am running Windows Vista Home edition 32bit with Avast firewall/virus protection.

Does CClean create temp files somewhere that I could delete?

So far I tried an uninstall and reinstall of CClean by way of the Control Panel in windows then ran CClean again to no avail.

I have not installed any new programs in weeks, nor downloaded any content & multiple virus and malware programs all come up negative so I have to think this is a CClean issue.

Thank you for your time if you decide to help. I didn't know where else to post this, forgive if it is in the wrong place.

• Moderators

Did you enable Wipe Free Space? If so, there is a current thread on this here ... http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=29751

If you did, you might have a very large file called something like 3590F75ABA9E485486C100C1A9D4FF06DJZWDIEROCZBHXWZ on your c drive. Delete it.

I don't think Wipe Free Space was on but it could have been.

The program you recommended seems to have found the problem (Pic attached). It shows my recycle bin as taking up over 100GB of space with VERY old files, many of which I did not delete today so I don't know why they would be there. How do I go about fixing this problem? I can not actually view this files with any other program on my PC.

post-39867-12844188537_thumb.jpg

I don't think Wipe Free Space was on but it could have been.

The program you recommended seems to have found the problem (Pic attached). It shows my recycle bin as taking up over 100GB of space with VERY old files, many of which I did not delete today so I don't know why they would be there. How do I go about fixing this problem? I can not actually view this files with any other program on my PC.

Hmm, I can actually still OPEN these files though they don't show up anywhere else. I can only open them with WinDirStart. Should I use one of the 2 delete options in the program? If so which?

a)Delete (To Recycle Bin)

B) Delete (no way to undelete!)

I want them gone and not taking space.

• Moderators

Delete (no way to undelete)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks! it gave a warning asking if I knew what I was doing (I don't) so I had to ask.

Also Thanks so much again!! You are life savers :) It seems Gutman/WFS has been doing this to me for years and I didn't even know it! I just got back near 150GB of space that I didn't even know I had lost :)

• 4 months later...