ccleaner yurned my screen black now nothing works!

mcflug

I downloaded it and scanned my computer, then I cleaned it then it said to disable running programs that slow down your computer. I checked them all and clicked disable. Do you think this is why my computer is black and won't do anything when I turn it on? I tried to do a system restore in safe mode and safe mode gets stuck on the drivers loading page. Please can anyone help!!!!

• Moderators

I downloaded it and scanned my computer, then I cleaned it then it said to disable running programs that slow down your computer. I checked them all and clicked disable. Do you think this is why my computer is black and won't do anything when I turn it on? I tried to do a system restore in safe mode and safe mode gets stuck on the drivers loading page. Please can anyone help!!!!

CCleaner doesn't have a dialog that says disable running programs that slow down your computer anywhere that I can find

Where did you download ccleaner from ?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

CCleaner doesn't have a dialog that says disable running programs that slow down your computer anywhere that I can find

Where did you download ccleaner from ?

I think perhaps he is confusing the dialogue that states something to the effect that you must close Firefox/Opera/Internet Explorer before it can clean those directories.

I assume that what he did was disable all startup items under startup. It is possible that one of them was a malware & that the malware was similar to AVE.exe that would disable the ability to run any EXE on removal.

In this case, removing the startup entry could have caused the machine to not properly load due to backdoor/trojan/malware/virus/rootkit type activity.