CCleaner registry recycle bin

mr don

- Similar to Windows Recycle bin, but only in same folder as CCleaner.

- Auto backup to a "recycle bin" folder for registry entries.

- Allow users to select entries to delete/restore from CCleaner GUI, or manually.

Users with tons of ccleaner entries in My Documents are confusing & cluttered. It would be nice to auto backup to a folder right in CCleaner's dir, I think.

What do you all think?

I think the ones who would have problem with this would be the inexperienced users who would just save these reg backups to a location where so many other things are kept such as My Documents butu it may be hard to find.

I personally do this on a computer shop outside because I felt too lazy to save the CCleaner reg backups elsewhere and I assumed that the My Documents folder is where they would most likely keep their stuff anyway. But once you have chosen a backup directory, that is where CCleaner would intend to save backups the next time anyway.

But on my own PC, I made a folder on my D: drive and named it as "Backup" and that is where I keep CCleaner's registry backups, my manual registry backups, the Erunt full registry backups and even the registry backups from another registry cleaner. I have 4 registry cleaners in all. The other two would not allow me to save the backups to a custom location, only on their program folders but since they are all installed on the D: drive, I know where they are kept.

So in this case, its better that CCleaner allows you to save registry backups to a custom location but I approve so much the idea that CCleaner should have the ability to restore and delete registry backups from its own GUI because most of the the other registry cleaners I've tried has this function so why not CCleaner???

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

- Similar to Windows Recycle bin, but only in same folder as CCleaner.

- Auto backup to a "recycle bin" folder for registry entries.

- Allow users to select entries to delete/restore from CCleaner GUI, or manually.

Users with tons of ccleaner entries in My Documents are confusing & cluttered. It would be nice to auto backup to a folder right in CCleaner's dir, I think.

What do you all think?

Calling it a recycle bin would be very confusing, and terrible naming. Windows recycle bin is not used for backups. It has a restore option, granted, but it should not be relied on as a backup.

I agree with the comments above about being hard to locate. A lot of inexperienced users would have a hard time locating C:\Program Files let alone application data.

I dont really see the point or any benefits in the final option.

I do agree that ccleaner should auto back up

No fate but what we make