System Restore Points Erroneously Deleted

When I use CCleaner to erase (over write once) large amounts of files in my Recycle Bin (5-75 Giga Bytes) all of my System Restore Points disappear. This has happened with versions 2.29 up to 2.34. Today I used CCleaner to over write my Recycle Bin and not only did my System Restore Points disappear but my MagicJack usb phone has stopped working and after 1.25 hours with MagicJack live web support I have still been unable to get my MagicJack dongle to work. But my main objection to CCleaner is the deletion of my System Restore Points. I make system restore points each time before using CCleaner but CCleaner removes them only when over writing large amounts of files in my Recycle Bin. I believe that when CCleaner is running for a long time its recording of which files to over write becomes corrupted. I look forward to trying any and all suggestions forum members have concerning my problem with CCleaner.

• Moderators

CCleaner doesn't touch restore points (except in the restore point section of tools) the only reason point may have disappeared is if you ran out of space for them, say by running wipefreespace in CCleaner (don't know if that would happen with wfs but it is conceivable)

As for MagicJack, did you run the registry section or just the cleaner section. If the later than if magic jack improperly places something in the temp file folder that could be why. you may want to download regshot (http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/). Take the first shot it with c:\appdata added in scan dir before reinstalling magic jack and the second after you install MJ then report back with an attachment of the file produced, I'll go ahead and look at it and try and figure out why MJ is ceasing function

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It is always appropriate to identify the O.S. and Service pack level etc.

There is always the possibility that a problem is only apparent on one particular O.S.

and no one can replicate your problem and advise if the use a different O.S.

Alan