IE 8 Print Error

justplainuser

Windows 7

Received attached error after I had ok'd the print. Print works fine in Chrome.

Would like to get IE fully functional. However if this is going to reoccur would like to get to the root cause. Before I put the rework time in.

Restored to a save point to get it working 2 days ago. I had tried to download but the IE download page will not allow since it is already installed.

I have installed Avast, CCleaner and Malwarebytes since the save point used to originally correct the problem.

I looked on the net and found some posts on this error, and tried what was suggested but it didn't work.

If anyone has encountered and/or resolved the issue would like to find out what you did.

post-39453-128235810829_thumb.jpg

I did some more searching and found a post on Microsoft that said that the computer has a 32bit and 64 bit IE 8. (Near the bottom)

The short cut provided by Dell in the dock launched the 32 bit. When this was changed to the 64 bit there was no problem. So the case is closed.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb

Thank you kroozer, I didn't find the link you supplied, when I was looking around on the MS Site. It doesn't say it but I assume if you uninstall that you should be able to reinstall even though IE is part of Windows 7.