Windows Key Detection + publish to web tool ?

rhino

you must be kidding me, I'm uninstalling Speccy now...I know the publish to web feature is manual and you publish where you want to, but still, this is an unacceptable version for me...

I un-installed speccy very quickly without checking the established connection (s). Someone on a security forum found that Speccy connects to a site called

"k 0 0 k.c o m". If my key, or anyone else's key (running speccy) got stolen, I'll know where it comes from and you'll hear from me guys, I can tell you...

rhio, it sounds like your machine has malware running there is no such network activity as you've described.

From my checks Speccy makes one connection to speccy.piriform.com:80 needed to obtain the IP address behind a NAT.

Richard S.

rhio, it sounds like your machine has malware running there is no such network activity as you've described.

From my checks Speccy makes one connection to speccy.piriform.com:80 needed to obtain the IP address behind a NAT.

Richard S.

well, first if you read well I mentioned that it was someone else reporting this connection, and second my system is clean, you can trust me :D The main goal of this thread remaining to make sure that no "too specific data" (like Win key) gets transmitted on the network automatically...I'm not saying that it happens, or happened,I'm just saying that I'm wondering, and I sincerely hope to be wrong.

According hpHosts, m x 1.k 0 0 3 k.com appears to be the server name for speccy.piriform.com.

But why the Windows Key Detection feature?

just to mention I uninstalled SIW when I saw they were doing that too...it's just a matter of decrypting an light grade encrypted registry key containing your Windows product key...just in case you lost it :D