CCleaner V2.32.1165

lexi

Hi, this is my first post.

I have been happily using CCleaner with XP and never had a problem; now I am using Vista.

Today I tried to install CCleaner V2.32.1165 over V2.32.1153 and got: "Can't write: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe"

Yesterday I rolled back System Restore to a point just after the last MS Windows update. I am sure it's not virus related.

Grateful for any help.

If that does not work, try uninstalling previous versions before installing the new one.

And if you're not really Paranoid about your computer (and you know what you're doing), do turn off the irritating (IMO) UAC on Vista.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Simplicity is hard.

I was in administrator user mode, so that was not the problem .

I hesitated going against conventional wisdom as cited in FAQ, but it worked with Uninstall first, proves one should not treat everything as holy writ. I was afraid it might be an installer issue.

I will keep the UAC tip in mind if it happens again; I thought UAC plugs a vulnerability on Vista, I guess I can go off line before I turn it off.

My thanks to all.