CCleaner run

Bomani

Would anyone be able to advise why every time after running Ccleaner on a new 64 bit windows 7 system, when you open Outlook you get a message that says "Please wait while Windows configures the system"? This does not happen with I Explorer.

Do you use the Registry cleaner ?

Which version of Outlook are you using ?

I do run the registry cleaner but not every time I run CCleaner. I am using Outlook 2007 as part of Office Basic. I purchased it with my new computer and Windows 7 installation.

I do run the registry cleaner but not every time I run CCleaner. I am using Outlook 2007 as part of Office Basic. I purchased it with my new computer and Windows 7 installation.

uncheck every checkbox and trial and error with a new tick each clean

No fate but what we make

uncheck every checkbox and trial and error with a new tick each clean

Hi

It seems that the problem is caused when you leave the "Index.dat" file checked. that's the only one I've identified so far.

http://www.acesoft.net/delete_index.dat_files.htm

Index.dat are files hidden on your computer that contain all of the Web sites that you have ever visited. Every URL, and every Web page is listed there. Not only that but all of the email that has been sent or received through Outlook or Outlook Express is also being logged. The file names and locations depend on what version of Internet Explorer you have. If you are running IE version 4.0 or above, the file name is "index.dat". Microsoft has not supplied an adequate explanation as to what these files are for or why they have been hidden so well.

So its possible that every time CCleaner 'cleans' the index.dat file, your Settings are reset and Outlook will have to re-configure your Computer every time. My suggestion would be that you leave it unchecked.

Simplicity is hard.