freezes at Temporary Internet Files

I can't install an update because the old Ccleaner won't uninstall. I tried from a portable copy on a flash drive. The program runs but freezes both when I Uninstall or Clean.

I've also tried Windows uninstall & Revo Uninstaller, but they all use the Ccleaner Uninstall program.

How can I "delete" the program so that I can reinstall?

I don't know if the Clean freezing is the same problem or not.

I'm also having problems with other programs.

Your thread title says "freezes at temporary Internet files". I did encounter a freezing issue when I had the "Autocomplete form history" checked in a distant previous version. But what does temp Internet files have to do with your problems uninstalling CCleaner to get a new version???

The point of fact is that, you do not need to manually uninstall the older CCleaner version cause runing the newer version's install setup automatically does that for you. You mean it freezes on this process???

This could be the work of a malware so try doing a virus scan.

One option is to simply delete the CCleaner program folder but note that this is not a proper uninstall as remnants of CCleaner will be left in the registry. The program folder would usually be in C:\Program Files and look for a folder named CCleaner and simply delete that. That folder would be on a different location if the installment was directed to another directory.

After having deleted the folder called CCleaner from C:\Program Files or whatever directory, get the new version of CCleaner and install it normally.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.