Improved directory mapping

mr don

Just a suggestion, but how about a way to make a defraggler that will automatically offer to remove all but the last system restore point?

Matter of fact, since they included the recycle bin check in Defraggler not too long ago, I see no reason at all that anyone not using ccleaner should ever waste time defragging trash files.

So, how about an option in Defraggler to run a lite version of CCleaner (minus the add remove programs, startup entries, registry edit, etc) that will run the standard ccleaner options to remove trash, in addition to all but the last restore point?

This would make it so much quicker to defrag a drive because most people don't even run a cleaner before defragging a drive, & even if they do, they defrag gigabytes of system restore points. This will make defragging so much faster, believe me.

If this is objectionable, wonder whether time spent to locate restore/recycle/trash folders appended to the end of the data defragged on a drive so users don't end up with trash being defragged right next to programs they need to use?

Be sure to comment me & let me know what you think!

Yeah, I know, why have a lite ccleaner in defraggler since they are 2 programs, but still, most people DO NOT run a cleaner it seems, before defragging. So, I suggested this because it will save so much time, energy, & money for people as they won't have to trudge through piles of trash just to defrag!

Thanks everyone!

No. If users really want to delete their system restore points, well, it's not Defraggler's problem.

A lot of people seem to think it is safe to delete restore points since they are "useless" and use a lot of space. That's wrong.

I don't think Piriform wants users complaining about how they had a bug and can't restore their system since Defraggler deleted the restore points.

For the "lite CCleaner" idea, I think it would be better, in the cleanup prompt, to show a link to CCleaner.com and say it will remove junk even better. ;)

Piriform French translator